- Malka Older's Null State
- Cho Chongnae’s The Human Jungle
- Blake Crouch's Dark Matter
- Yaa Gyasi's Homegoing
- Sven Beckert's Empire of Cotton
Updated Sept 30th, 2017
Send me book recommendations!
- Cixin Liu's Three Body Problem
- Jeremiah Moss' Vanishing New York
- Matthew Desmond's Evicted
- Eliot Peper's True Blue
- Douglas Murray's The Strange Death of Europe
- Bandi's The Accusation
- Cost Disease: Costs for many services in the US have skyrocketed, including industries as diverse as housing, health, education, and infrastructure. What is driving these prices, and what can be done to bring prices more in line with inflation in other industries?
- Non-Coastal Economic Development: How will cities in the middle of the United States survive and even thrive going forward? How can we create a whole new set of jobs in these settings to reduce pressure on the coasts and improve living in the Midwest and elsewhere?
- New Approaches to Political Lobbying: Lobbying remains completely ancient compared to the technological change that has happened to nearly every other form of brokering industry. What can be done to improve its effectiveness, with the hope of improving access for all people to politicians.
- Next-generation Media: Media businesses are still struggling, yet it is clear that a persistent focus on audience development and subscriptions is the way forward. What tools need to be built to bring this world to fruition faster?
- Graph Databases and Learning: This is more broad-based – how can we use knowledge maps to improve learning (specifically thinking around foreign languages).